Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes
From Martha Stewart's Cupcakes
- 42 cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as Oreo's, 30 left whole, and 12 coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
2. With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
4. Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.
I'm not usually the best gourmet chef, but when I bit into my homemade Oreo and Cheesecake Cupcakes I swear I heard these lovely lyrics in my head: 'Cause we go together like birds of a feather'....
- Julie "Jewels" Morell, Northstar California Resort Sales Coordinator